Support butterflies by joining the North American Butterfly Association. Membership starts at $30 per year and includes subscriptions to North American Butterflies and Butterfly Gardening.
Paula's Public Service Announcement about Butterflies
|Simple Fall Pleasures! Pumpkins! I did not photograph the Apple Cider Doughnuts.|
The following two practices are not acceptable:
1) releasing butterflies at weddings or other public events
2) capturing butterflies, killing them, and pinning them...for ANY reason. The only butterflies that should be pinned are ones that are found dead, but I personally would not want to do that either.
Fiber Weekend with Emily, Cecelia, and Lauren
See photos on my other blog...
See photos on my other blog...
- We used the Learn to Knit Coin Purse Kit from Pick Up Sticks to make felted coin purses for the first project.
- Tooley Owl is a good beginner project. Pattern is by Amanda Berry for $2.99 on Ravelry.
- Share your ideas on teaching knitting on the Knitting Pipeline Podcast Ravelry Board.
- Bamboo Circular Needles in various lengths from Karen Poulakos Fiber Arts Studio, Springfield IL(217) 787-6589 or karen@ArtOfSpinning.com The ones I bought at Stitches were about $2 each! Very nice for teaching beginners or for anyone who likes bamboo.
More Easy Shawl PatternsBoneyard by Stephen West (Free)
Flourish: A Knitted Triangle by Rose Beck (DK Weight)
Tuscany Shawl from No Sheep for You
Cedar Leaf Shawlette by Alana Dakos (also DK weight)
198 Yards of Heaven by Christy Verity (Free)
In the Piping CircleSeptember 18 Celtic Cross Pipes and Drums will be performing all day at the Celtic Highland Games in Davenport IA, Centennial Park.
- Use a music stand to hold your chart or pattern
- Thoughts on merging markers and lifelines.
Do you know the term "myndbyrn"? If so, please illuminate. It is probably Old Norse.
I appreciate your passion for nature and wildlife conservation, but I would encourage you to speak to a local entomologist about the practice of collecting insects. I'll bet that any of these people would be glad to discuss your concerns:
Educators involved in the 4-H youth program might also be a good source of information, as Entomology is one of their areas of education:
You can also browse some of their official information on the topic here:
I'm a bit behind on listening to podcasts! I prefer dpns and wonder how many people have been put off using them because of Ravelry. I'm a tight knitter and have to pull every stitch off the cord of a circular onto the needle and that slows down my already slow knitting.
Unfortunately my son took his music stand with him when he moved out. I used it to wind recycled yarn into skeins so I could wash them. And then after it dried I'd put the skein back on it and loosen the nut so it would spin freely so I could wind a ball.
Thank you for another interesting show.
شركة اصباغ الكويت شركات الدهانات الكويت
شراء اثاث مستعمل الكويت شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل الكويت
فني كهربائي منازل الكويت كهربائي منازل بالكويت
Post a Comment