Listen here or use the Flash Player on this site for current and past episodes. Flash Player is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Try a different browser like Safari. Or jaunt on over to iTunes to find the show there.
This episode is sponsored by Quince & Co, where you will find 100% American wool yarn spun in their historic mill in New England. Check out their many designs and e-book collections too. Find them at www.quinceandco.com.
I am also a Craftsy Affiliate. This means that if you click from the Craftsy ad in the sidebar and purchase a class or supplies, I receive credit for it. It is an easy way to support the show. Thank you!
You can also find me here:
Ravelry: PrairiePiper Feel free to include me in your friends.
Pinterest: Paula Emons-Fuessle
Events and Announcements
Thank you for your comments in our group, on Instagram, and personal messages. It was fun to share this wonderful experience with you.
My new design with Quince & Co, Cave Point, was released on June 23. Thank you to everyone who left comments or sent me a personal message. I read each one and really enjoyed each one.
Cave Point Giveaway27 Knitzincville who is Terese
Congratulations, Terese! I ordered 3 skeins of Chickadee in Pomegranate (her choice and one of my favorite Quince colorways).
SSK hosted by TheKnitGirllls in Nashville TN July 15 to 19
Stitches Midwest Banquet and Fashion Show. Friday night, August 7, 6:30 PM. Post in the thread here in the Knitting Pipeline Ravelry Group. You will also get admission to all four days of the Market.
Both Knitting Pipeline Maine and Knitting Pipeline Cornerstone are full. If you are interested send me a personal message or email.
Lemon Chiffon by Taiga Hilliard Designs Taiga is pronounced Tie-ga.
Cave Point was published on June 23.
Cave Point KAL (Thank you, Jo) will run until August 31. You do not have to use Quince & Co yarn
Thank you,Test Knitters: Sticksnspokes (Allison), Qwiltnknitnut (Jo), marynvoigt (Missy), Sismademeknit (Meg), and NurseKimKnits (Kim).
Wild Goose Shawlette will be released July 13, 2015
Wild Goose Shawlette will more premier at SSK in the Leading Men Fiber Arts booth and Another Crafty Girl booth. Steve of Dramatic Knits and LMFA created a special colorway called Wild Goose Chase which you will see on the cover of the pattern. My original prototype was in Another Crafty Girl Strong Sock “Golden Teeth and Golden Tones” which is probably a reference to something cool in pop culture…
- Crescent shawl that uses one skein of any fingering weight or sock yarn. Go find the wildest skein in your stash. There is a story behind the creation of this pattern which I will save for later.
- Simple, relaxing knit.
- Spread sheet style instructions so you can use basically any weight yarn including handspun.
- Special price from date of release to when I return from SSK which is one week (July 13 through July 19) will be $2 off regular price of $5. No coupon code needed.
In the Blethering Room
Five years! July 3, 2010
Thank you to all of you for listening, responding, adding comments, participating in the group, attending a retreat, leaving a review or star rating on iTunes, and all the many ways that you have been a part of the show. I plan to keep going as long as I have some interesting things to say and share with you.
Just a few stats:
- Ravelry group: 3,780
- KP Retreats group: 448
- Downloads: 1,485,256
Most popular episodes based on downloads
- #00 and #01 11,694 and 10, 812
- #151 (11/08/2013) Voices from Cornerstone Fall Retreat 10,822
- #167 EZ’s Baby Sweater on Two Needles 4/3/14 9,841
- #125 Picker or Thrower? 3/15/13 9,477
- #186 Mittens are the new socks 10/03/14 9,325
- #164 Spring Retreat Warm Up 3/8/14 9,139
Thank our wonderful board moderators:
Bronwyndp, JanMarieKnits, Marynvoigt, Prairiegl, Sticksnspokes, Qwiltnknitnut
Knitting Pipeline Retreat moderators: Bronwyndp, Jaxie985, Patfrag, qwiltnknitnut
In the Pipeline
Books that I offered up in the last episode were sent off to two Pipeliners. US Media rate is quite reasonable.
Pebble Beach KAL was a huge success. Thank you to Jo Qwiltnknitnut for organizing it. There were 274 entries.(2 to 275) Thank you to all who participated. Your Curious Handmade creations are inspiring.
- #216 Penny SiberianCat (Helen will send prize Lace Merino from The Uncommon Thread)
- #171 Marshatf Fireflies Rising shawl (Arabesque colorway MarigoldJen Merino Silk Sock) I will send the surprise prize of yarn.
- #132 Calenia Pebble Beach used Neighborhood Fiber Company Rustic Fingering. I will send the surprise prize of yarn.
- #210 Bootsy Fay Copper Corgi Savannah Sock in Azalea colorway purchased at KP Georgia. Prize is pattern of your choice from an anonymous donor.
The Rosie Project by Graeme SimsionOrphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
Have a great week, haste ye back, and hold your knitting close.
Paula, you have so much to celebrate! Becoming a grandma has to top them all. Each photo you've shared is so sweet. 5 years of quality podcasting is a stunning achievement. I look forward to each new episode because I know you will fill it up with so many interesting topics. I am still catching up from the beginning and some of my faves so far have been: 50 The Chambered Nautilus (I wish Bob had been my math teacher), 89: The Russian Join (I used it today on my Cave Point), 93: Visit with Pete (loved all of his episodes), episodes with Bronwyn, Sarah and Char (I was right there laughing with you) and all of the episodes featuring the remarkable EZ, especially since you had such a personal relationship with her. You have also inspired me to pay attention to the birds around me and I've already identified 10 birds in my backyard! I look forward to the poetry and books you share, too. I have to also say that I never tire of your theme music, it's just so beautiful. Although the knitting is what drew me in, your blog is about so much more. My life has certainly been enriched by listening to you. Many thanks, Esther.
Post a Comment