Listen here or use the Flash Player on this site for current and past episodes. Flash Player is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Try a different browser like Safari. Or jaunt on over to iTunes to find the show there.
Quince & Co brings you American wool and other responsibly sourced fibers. We have new colors of our tonal DK weight, Phoebe. Perseus, Orion, Ursa, Andromeda,and Cygnus. Find us at Quince and Co dot com.
Knitcircus Yarns specializes in hand-dyed gradients and gradient stripes. Knitcircus is the proud sponsor of the first annual "shop hop" to celebrate our local fiber shops in Madison WI! Join us October 6-8 for a fun weekend of shopping, classes, trunk shows and more! Find us at www.knitcircus.com and be sure to join our Ravelry group and listen to our podcast.
Knitting Pipeline is a Craftsy Affiliate. Craftsy offers affordable online classes and supplies. When you use the link in the sidebar on my blog before purchasing I receive a small percentage of your purchase at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
You can also find me here:
Ravelry: PrairiePiper Feel free to include me in your friends.
Pinterest: Paula Emons-Fuessle
August Drawing for KnitCircus Parasol, wool and silk blend in La Vie En Rose!
Winner #53 Vicki from TN who is ThistleridgeFarm on Ravelry
I love listening to Jaala and Amy’s podcast. They’re so much fun. Gradient yarns are awesome, too.
Gloves KAL…official start is September 1, 2017
Debunking Nature Myths
Tracks and Trails Forest Park Nature Center
Myth: Birds will abandon their babies if you touch them.
· Most song birds do not have great sense of smell. Their goal is procreation so they will do anything to accomplish that.
· Baby birds—ok to put them back into the nest. If you can’t reach nest then you can make a substitute nest and place it nearby.
· If you find a fledgling…leave it alone. Fledglings have eyes open, are covered in feathers, and are often hopping on the ground. Parents are probably nearby.
Do you have any nature myths to share?
Took it all to Stitches. Finished 4 Mother Bears!
Marie sewed one together.
· If using Mattress Stitch, don’t worry about color of thread because it doesn’t show.
· Identify groups of tails that will not be used for stitching. Knot these together and trim. Leave inside bear.
Quince & Co Finch in Stream colorway
Product Notes and Giveaway!
Framework by Norah Gaughn. Published by Quince & Co
Emelyn Mae Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde
Knit Cahoots: 16 Knits Inspired by the Road by Megan Williams and Cori Eichelberger
Knit Cahoots Ravelry link
Have a great week, haste ye back and hold your knitting close.