I am PrairiePiper on Ravelry and knittingpipeline on Instagram. The quilt I made is not exactly in the book. I used the techniques in the book as a basis for a free style quilt with lots of different blocks. I made the quilt as a wedding gift. The bride is American and the groom is Danish, hence the flags on the embroidered block. For more information on the quilt please see my video Quilting Summer 2017 on YouTube.
This is not intended to be a tutorial, but rather a walk-through of some of the steps in making a quilt in the "as you go" method. I have learned from classes on Craftsy, blogs, and mainly the book,
Quilt as You Go Made Modern by Jera Brandvig.
I recommend you purchase this book as it is the best I've found on the quilt as you go method.
Jera's new book has just been released! Quilt As You Go Made Vintage! I preordered so I already have it (since recording).
- Fabric: Hello Dolly by Bonnie and Camille by Moda, along with other fabrics I had in my stash.
- My machine is a Brother CSI6000 which is inexpensive and a great little machine with lots of high end features. (No affiliation).
- Iron: Rowenta
- Batting was left overs from other projects, mostly Warm and Natural 100% Cotton Batting.
- Thread: Aurafil
- Quilt measures 48" x 60". 20 blocks with 4 across and 5 down.
- Batting was cut 12 1/2"
- Squares were trimmed to 12".
- Blocks were joined with 1" sashing strips in off-white.
- Backing was Boundless from Craftsy.
Blocks include Pinwheel, 4 patch, 9 patch, Bird in the Air, Broken Dishes, Log Cabin, Courthouse Steps, Heart, 16 Patch, and free style.
Paula, thank you for this video. I've been in a crafting slump, now I can't wait to try out this technique and use all the helpful hints you mentioned along the way. As a quilter turned knitter, I look forward to all your posts. They are so thoughtful and informative and truly appreciated. Thanks!
I'm so glad you have found inspiration through the video. Thanks for your feedback.
Very useful video Paula. I will try this technique in my upcoming project. Thanks for coming up with this post, i will subscribe to your blog for more posts like this in my inbox.
I Always like to peruse The Quality and happy I discovered this thing in you post. Marketing Assignment Help
Post a Comment