November 7-10, 2018
(Wed afternoon to Sat morning)
Eagle Crest Camp and Retreat Center (A Ministry of the Salvation Army) is located in rural Washburn IL, along the hilly bluffs of the Illinois River. Eagle Crest is easily accessible by car, about a 30 min drive from Washington IL or Peoria. The address is 823 Columbia Rd, Washburn IL 61570.
· Arrive Wednesday November 7, 2018 (check in time 3-5 PM)
· Check out by 10 am Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Single Occupancy $430.00
Double Occupancy (will have your own bed) $330.00
$200 for commuters
· 3 nights lodging in Heartland Lodge at Eagle Crest. Rooms are simple motel-style with private bath.
· All meals from Wednesday dinner through Saturday breakfast.
· Small, intimate retreat with lots of one-on-one time.
· Your own Knitting Pipeline Retreat Bag.
Hosted by Paula Emons-Fuessle
Paulaef@aol.com PrairiePiper on Ravelry
· Fill out the registration form and postmark no earlier than Friday, June 15, 2018 along with a check for $100. (This is a departure from previous retreat sign ups).
· Registrations will be accepted after this pending space availability. I will confirm registration by email and on Ravelry by July 6.
· Full payment is due by October 15, 2018 or you may pay in full at time of registration. Checks may not be cashed immediately so don't worry if your check has not cleared.
Please make check out to Paula Emons-Fuessle. Mail registration (page 3 only) and payment to Knitting Pipeline, PO Box 549, Washington IL 61571
· All registrations include a $50 non-refundable deposit. That is half of your initial deposit of $100.
· If you cancel before October 15, 2018 then I will refund your retreat registration less a $50 deposit.
· After October 15, 2018 refunds are on a case by case basis, dependent upon what expenses can be recovered, whether your place can be filled, etc. I understand that things happen and will do what I can to refund your money.
· The closest airport is General Wayne A Downing International Airport (Peoria=PIA). I recommend flying in on Tuesday unless you rent a car and can drive yourself to Eagle Crest.
· Wednesday morning and early afternoon will be a great time to visit Washington IL and our local yarn shops. Or stay later on Saturday if you like.
· Special dietary requests are not accommodated at Eagle Crest; however, there are selections at each meal. Meals are served buffet style.
· If you are staying over before or after the retreat, I recommend Sleep Inn.
Sleep Inn 1101 N Cummings Lane, Washington IL 61571 (309) 481-0450
· If you have a knitting related- business, please contact me about vending, please let me know.
· The dining hall and meeting area are about a 15 minute walk from the Heartland Lodge Rooms so most of us drive to and from the lodge rooms. Other than that, everything is very close and all on one level. If you don't have a car, there are plenty of us who can give you a ride to the lodge.
This is our third year at Eagle Crest and I look forward to another wonderful and relaxing retreat!
Haste ye back!
Yarn Shops in our area include the following supporters of Knitting Pipeline Retreats:
· The Fiber Universe, Peoria IL
· Le Mouton Rouge Knittery, Bloomington IL
· Klose Knit, Urbana IL