Knitting Pipeline Eagle Crest Fall Retreat 2019
October 30-Nov 2, 2019
Audio Episode is found here or on iTunes.
Eagle Crest Camp and Retreat Center (A Ministry of the Salvation Army) is located in rural Washburn IL, along the hilly bluffs of the Illinois River. Eagle Crest is easily accessible by car, about a 30 min drive from Washington IL or Peoria. The address is 823 Columbia Rd, Washburn IL 61570.
· Arrive Wednesday October 30, 2019 (check in time 3-5 PM)
· Check out by 10 am Saturday, November 2, 2019.
Single Occupancy $430.00
Double Occupancy (will have your own bed) $330.00
$200 for commuters
· 3 nights lodging in Heartland Lodge. Rooms are simple motel-style with private bath.
· All meals from Wednesday dinner through Saturday breakfast.
· Small, intimate retreat with lots of one-on-one time.
· Your own Knitting Pipeline Retreat Bag.
Hosted by Paula Emons-Fuessle
Knitting Pipeline Podcast www.knittingpipeline.com
Paulaef@aol.com PrairiePiper on Ravelry
· Fill out the registration form and postmark no earlier than Thursday August 1, 2019 along with a check for $100. This retreat usually does not fill up quickly so I'm taking deposits with registration.
· Registrations will be accepted pending space availability. I will confirm registration by email and Ravelry.
· Full payment is due by October 1, 2019 or you may pay in full at time of registration. Checks may not be cashed immediately so don't worry if your check has not cleared.
Please make check out to Paula Emons-Fuessle. Mail registration (page 3 only) and payment to Knitting Pipeline, PO Box 549, Washington IL 61571
· All registrations include a $50 non-refundable deposit. That is half of your initial deposit of $100.
· If you cancel before October 1, 2019 then I will refund your retreat registration less a $50 deposit.
· After October 1, 2019 refunds are on a case by case basis, dependent upon what expenses can be recovered, whether your place can be filled, etc. I understand that things happen and will do what I can to refund your money.
· The closest airport is General Wayne A Downing International Airport (Peoria=PIA). I recommend flying in on Tuesday unless you rent a car and can drive yourself to Eagle Crest.
· Wednesday morning and early afternoon will be a great time to visit Washington IL and our local yarn shops; or stay later on Saturday if you like.
· Meals are served buffet style. Last year our chef accommodated special diets. As this position is subject to change I cannot promise this will be the situation, but I will be certain to let you know if it changes.
· If you are staying over before or after the retreat, I recommend Sleep Inn.
Sleep Inn 1101 N Cummings Lane, Washington IL 61571 (309) 481-0450
· If you have a knitting related- business, please contact me about vending, please let me know.
· The dining hall and meeting area are about a 15 minute walk (on a curvy road) from the Heartland Lodge Rooms so most of us drive to and from the lodge rooms. Other than that, everything is very close and all on one level. If you don't have a car, there are plenty of us who can give you a ride to the lodge.
This is our 4th year at Eagle Crest and I look forward to another wonderful and relaxing retreat!
Haste ye back!
Shops in our area include the following supporters of Knitting Pipeline Retreats:
· The Fiber Universe, Peoria IL
· Le Mouton Rouge Knittery, Bloomington IL
· Klose Knit, Urbana IL
· Peddler's Way Quilt Company on Washington Square is a destination shop.