Quince & Co. is giving away a scarf pattern and the yarn to make it (your choice) to one lucky listener of Knitting Pipeline. Leave a comment below or on Episode 23 and your name will be entered into the drawing. The winner will be announced on Episode 25! Be sure to leave a way for me to reach you, either your blog or Ravelry name!
Here are some new photos of my recent Quince Stash.
|Chickadee (Sport Weight) in the color Bird's Egg. Oh, the possibilities!
|A luscious skein of Pomegranate.
Schieffelin Point Shawl by Kate Gagnon Osborn. A free pattern from Kelbourne Woolens.
|Blocking on the guest bed. The best photo for showing the shape of the shawl.
|The color is Snap Pea in the Chickadee line from Quince & Co.
Celtic Cross Pipes and Drums performed at Grace Family Christmas last weekend. The show was fabulous! I will let you know when this program will air on television in the U.S.
The "No-Purl Experiment" of OneFor the past month or so I have been doing as little purling as possible because I had been experiencing some discomfort in my hands after knitting for a while. I have concluded (quite scientifically, of course) that purling was the culprit. Bad purl!
No-Purl Patterns Submitted by Pipeliners
Most of these are linked on the Knitting Pipeline Podcast Group on Ravelry
- Round the Bend Jacket by Meg Swansen
- 22.5 degrees by Martina Behm
- Baktus by Strikkelisa
- Eyelet Shawl by Vickie Harding (not garter stitch but could possibly be converted)
- Brandywine Shawl by Rosemary Hill
- Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer
- Milkweed Shawl by Laura Chau
- Confluence Shawlette by Sivia Harding
- Clockwork by Stephen West
- Einstein Jacket by Sally Melville
- Wavy Scarf by Handmaiden
- Sea Lettuce Scarf by Lucy Neatby
- Super Easy Baby Blanket by Whitney Van Nes
- Easy top Down Raglan by Susan B. Anderson
The tune is from Magnatune's Christmas Album. Gloucestershire Wassail-Wassail Song by James Edwards.